Bandra (Marathi: वांद्रे) is a seaside suburban area situated in Mumbai, Salsette Island in Maharashtra, India. The suburban area is located right in the north of the Mithi River, which separates Bandra from the Mumbai City district. House to Bollywood stars, financial investment lenders, devout Catholics, and ex-pats, Bandra is calm and relaxed.
When in Mumbai, you should check out Bandra. From fashionable superfood cafés to craft beer bars, streetside shopping to high-end stores, the chock-a-block primary streets, and lazy bylanes of Bandra have it all.
Bandra’s ambience is incredibly vibrant. Bandra for many of us is about Shahrukh’s ‘Mannat’ or Bandstand, the popular sea-facing area. There’s more to Bandra than fulfils the eye, and here are 15 things we believe you need to attempt the next time around.
1. Be available in Early For The Best Kanda Bhaji Breakfast At Chimbai Village Found in Jogger’s Park, this lane most likely specifies the pulse of Bandra. You may simply feel like you’ve stepped in Goa, offered the authentic Portuguese architecture. The people here wait for a small black cart that served the finest Kanda Bhajis you may have tried. FYI: You need to reach around 7 a.m. since they sell out within the hour.
2. The Life-Size Murals Of Bazaar Road This is most likely one of the many enjoyable things to do when you’re in Bandra. Fair Road is associated with street art.
3. Avoid The Usual Linking Road Fanfare And Shop At Hill Road Instead As popular as Linking Road for its street shopping, Hill Road’s got much better products. Not just does it house the most current collections from big deals (Zara, H&M, Vero Moda, ONLY, and so on), the rates are 1/5th the display room ones. FYI: When shopping, do look for loose buttons and whenever possible, attempt your garments. Even the smallest stores here have a fitting room.
4. Come by At One Of The Many Tucked-In Cafes For A Cuppa Another one of favourites here is Poetry by Love & Cheesecake that have incredible flavoured Lattes (never miss to try the hazelnut one). And we would advise you to walk leisurely because there’s a possibility you may simply stroll throughout a recently opened coffee shop.
5. You Might Just Stumble Upon A Live Jam Session At Carter Road if You’re Lucky Around the open amphitheatre which located at the opposite Cafe Coffee Day on Carter Road, there’s usually a lot of amateur artists who come around in the night to jam. There are no set occasions, and this is the great opportunities to simply stumble upon one of these efficiencies and bag a seat.
6. Come By Bandra Reclamation For A Killer Sunset Thanks to the current effort, Bandra Reclamation now has a park to its name. Sit by the sea and enjoy one of the most beautiful sundowns of your life.
7. Love Memorabilia? Head To Title Waves For The Best Collectibles Well-known as one of the most accessed book shops in Mumbai, Title Waves houses the latest fictional/non-fictional titles. From Funko Pop to initial Tin minis (they have Dragon Ball Zones too), this store boasts of Harry Potter themed souvenirs, tee-shirts, and even posters.
8. Compromise The Popular Restaurants For This Hidden Food Gem If you like Bandra as much as we do, you can NOT miss visiting Jimmie’s Kitchen on Hill Road. Jimmie’s is extremely popular amongst the residents, and it’s regularly gone to for its Chinese food.
9. Join In Pocket-Friendly Party Scenes At Yacht Famous to be the most recently remodelled to the notorious Janta’s, this is simply the location for you to have a mini-party without burning a hole in your pocket. We would state, end your Bandra expedition here, with a couple of beverages and a path of brand-new memories.
10. Mumbai Film City You will have a big possibility to meet the people and close with the world’s most well-known movie market when in Mumbai Film City. Bollywood is not only a market, but it is part of the material of day-to-day life in Mumbai.
11. Cruising near the Gateway of India The Gateway of India is much more than a lovely piece of architecture to Mumbaikars, it is a conference location, dance phase, street meeting point location, and the ideal location to take selfies. South Mumbai’s crowning work of art, the Gateway of India, was developed in honour of King George V and Queen Mary.
12. Elephanta Island With complex rock-cut cavern carvings dating back to the 2nd century, Elephanta Island commemorates Lord Shiva. Relax and the best picnic spot in the surrounding gardens. However, be cautious of the saucy monkeys that might attempt and take your lunch.
13. The Taj Palace Hotel If you’re going to stay in a grand luxury hotel in Mumbai, then this is where to do it. Stay in one of the decadent spaces and take pleasure in an excellent view over the Arabian Sea or take your taste buds on a superb dining trip from Japan to the Middle East.
14. Prithvi Theatre Tucked away in the northern suburban area of Juhu, Mumbai’s faithful theatre neighbourhood gathers at Prithvi to laugh, cry and escape in English, Hindi, Gujarati, and Marathi. Unlike its southern Mumbai equivalents, Prithvi Theatre is dedicated to showcasing Indian theatre, and everybody is welcome.
15. Bombay Canteen Fitted out like a heritage cottage, this large restaurant and bar feel like a house. However, do not anticipate to discover conventional cooking here. The flavours at Bombay Canteen commemorate India’s local foods with satisfying to every corner of the world.